Welcome to the Vermont-NEA
"The Union of Vermont Educators"
Vermont-NEA is the largest union in the state, with more than 12,000 members. But we're more than just a union -- we're a voice for the men and women who are in our classrooms every day, giving their all to ensure a bright future for our state's children. We want to know why you belong -- and why you joined. Please take a moment and let us know.
Thanks for belonging. Thanks for being an educator. And thanks for doing what you do every day to keep our local public schools Vermont's most important resource.
- Jul 10 2020
- Gov. Scott Misses Mark by Scuttling Statewide Schools Reopening Commission ... Read More
- Jun 11 2020
- Educators Issue Requirements for Safely Reopening Schools Vermont-NEA Task Force Outlines Comprehensive Steps for Safety, Health, and Learning MONTPELIER – A group of 25 educators from across the state issued a comprehensive list of requirements... Read More
- Jun 10 2020
- School Reopening Must Be Guided by Health and Safety Educator, Parent Voices Essential to Any Resumption of In-Person Instruction MONTPELIER – In the wake of the governor’s announcement that schools will reopen in the fall, educators and parents... Read More
- Jun 10 2020
- Don’t Just Reopen Society: Reimagine and Reconstruct It ... Read More
- Jun 03 2020
- We Must Teach the Fundamental Lesson of America: 400 Years of Systemic Racism ... Read More
- Apr 17 2020
- By Don Tinney ... Read More
- July 8th 04:00 pm to 05:00 pm
- Join us for a virtual town hall on Wednesday, July 8 with two of Vermont’s top medical experts: Commissioner of Health Dr. Mark Levine and Dr. Breena Holmes, a pediatrician who serves as the Department of Health’s Maternal and Child Health Director. Drs. Levine and Holmes will take questions and also explain the criteria they use when making recommendations on how to reopen Vermont’s economy and they will – and should – play a vital role in how schools will look in the fall.