Retiring With Security Seminars, 2022-2023
For Vermont-NEA Members
For the 21st straight year, Vermont-NEA, in collaboration with the VSTRS, NEA Member Benefits, and BCBS of VT, is sponsoring free, intensive, and informative workshops on how you can plan for your retirement. Note: These seminars are designed for those in the Vermont State Teachers' Retirement System.
Vermont-NEA Mini Grants 2022-2023
Each Fall, Vermont-NEA offers teachers grants of up to $500 for creative and useful initiatives in your own classroom or school. This year we are encouraging grants that focus on Wellness and New Educators. Projects can be classroom and student focused, or adult-focused.
The GrowVT-Ed Academy
is a union-led collaboration between Vermont-NEA, the AOE, VT School Districts, VREC, and Castleton University. The Academy's mission is to accelerate new teacher growth and student outcomes through intentional facilitation of relevant content and support, leading to the completion of the Peer Review Licensure Portfolio.
Welcome to the Vermont-NEA
"The Union of Vermont Educators"
Vermont-NEA is the largest union in the state, with more than 12,000 members. But we're more than just a union -- we're a voice for the men and women who are in our classrooms every day, giving their all to ensure a bright future for our state's children. We want to know why you belong -- and why you joined. Please take a moment and let us know.
Thanks for belonging. Thanks for being an educator. And thanks for doing what you do every day to keep our local public schools Vermont's most important resource.
- Sep 14 2022
- State’s Largest Union Makes Recommendations in Statewide Races ... Read More
- Sep 06 2022
- State’s Largest Union Recommends Balint for Congress ... Read More
- May 06 2022
- Legislators Show Whose Side They’re On With Resounding Override of Pension Veto ... Read More
Scott Shows 'Appreciation' for Dedicated Teachers, State Workers, Troopers by Threatening Their Retirement Security
- May 02 2022
- Governor Scott Shows ‘Appreciation’ for Dedicated Teachers, State Workers, Troopers by Threatening Their Retirement Security Members of the state’s largest union pledges to work with lawmakers to override this irresponsible veto MONTPELIER – The... Read More
Lawmakers Show Support for Teachers, State Workers, and Troopers in Overwhelmingly Passing Pension Bill
- Apr 29 2022
- Lawmakers Show Support for Teachers, State Workers, and Troopers in Overwhelmingly Passing Pension Bill Now on its way to the governor’s desk, the pension bill did not receive a single ‘no’ vote as it worked its way through the House and Senate ... Read More
- Jan 08 2022
- Abrupt End to Key Health and Safety Measures ‘Demoralizing Blow’ to Vermont’s Educators Vermont-NEA Board of Directors slams state’s decision to abandon contact tracing and surveillance testing with vague promises of further guidance next week ... Read More