Join VT-NEA Today! You belong in the Union!
OUR MEMBERS CREATE MEANINGFUL CHANGE FOR EDUCATORS, STUDENTS, AND COMMUNITIES
VT-NEA makes sure the voices of educators are actually heard. Together, we have successfully raised educator wages, improved working conditions, and supported student loan forgiveness. We can have an even stronger voice when you join us today.
We’re all in this to help shape our kids’ lives – teachers and ESPs together.
Making a difference
Becoming a member of Vermont-NEA connects you with a movement of educators and school staff supporting each other. Our union advocates for the funding and resources that you, your schools, and your students deserve. This includes:
Using Our Collective Voice:
- Salary and Benefits - Simply put, educators deserve professional pay for professional work — and the members of VT-NEA are fighting to ensure you’re paid what you’re worth and for your benefits such as health insurance and retirement.
- Respect - From the local school board to the state legislature, elected officials are making decisions that impact your schools — and our union has a seat at the table. VT-NEA members are advocating for increased funding, raising respect for all public educators, and standing in solidarity to secure fair wages for every worker in our schools.
- Collective Power - Being an educator can be stressful — but you’re not alone. VT-NEA members have a support system of thousands of educators and VT-NEA staff who live and work in your district. Together we advocate for improved working and student learning conditions. We join forces to move the issues that matter most to you and that affect your students’ lives.
- Protecting Your Rights - In addition to professional liability insurance for all members, VT-NEA protects and enhances educator rights by offering guidance, advice, and, if necessary, legal representation. In fact, members get access to the best team of education law experts in the state.
- Professional Development - VT-NEA is one of the largest providers of high-quality professional development trainings in the state. Take part in continuing education in everything from classroom management to teacher evaluations.
- Leadership Training - Do you have big dreams to help your students and school? VT-NEA has access to robust leadership training courses that will give you the skills to be an effective leader in your school, community, and state.
Together we're stronger. Together we're heard.
With more members like you, we’ll have a stronger voice so that we can secure real pay increases, change our workplace, and protect our rights.
What’s so great about public schools is that they bring so many students together with various perspectives, so it’s a real opportunity to help them develop a more humanizing approach to viewing the world.