Navigating the Student Loan Repayment Journey
A new workshop exclusively for Vermont-NEA members offered by Vermont-NEA in partnership with NEA Member Benefits
We currently have workshops scheduled for these dates/locations:
- Thursday, October 24, St. Albans City Elementary School, 4:00 - 5:30. Click here to register for the St. Albans workshop.
- Friday, October 25, Delta Hotels Marriott (former DoubleTree/TraderDukes), South Burlington, 4:30 - 6:00. Click here to register for the South Burlington workshop.
- Monday, November 4, Vermont-NEA Headquarters, 10 Wheelock Street, Montpelier, 4:30 - 6:00. Click here to register for the Montpelier workshop.
- Thursday, December 5, The Brandon Inn, 20 Park Street, Brandon, 4:30 - 6:00. Click here to register for the Brandon workshop.
- Wednesday, December 18, Hotel Coolidge, 39 South Main Street, White River Junction, 4:30 - 6:00. Click here to register for the White River Junction Workshop.
Do you have Student Loans and work in a Vermont public school? This workshop will provide you with valuable information and tools to navigate the student loan repayment process, including income-based repayment as well as the Student Loan Forgiveness and Student Loan Cancellation programs.
In this free workshop you will:
*learn about and access a free online student loan evaluation tool that will show programs for which you may qualify and how much you can save, and
*obtain a complete list of repayment options and loan forgiveness programs based on your personal information.
The workshop will start with a general demonstration of the tools. After this, participants are welcome to utilize the tool and plug in your personal information to see what repayment plan works best for you and whether you qualify for a federal loan forgiveness program.
We are keeping these workshops small in order to make them more personalized. If you are unable to snag a spot in one of these workshops, please note we will be offering more throughout the state in the coming months... stay tuned for details!