COVID-19 Webinar Series with Dave Melnick:
Stress Mitigation, Transforming Trauma, and Re-establishing School as Community
Click here for flyer.
These live webinars have concluded, but you may still view the recordings by clicking the links below.
Whether we begin school remotely or in-person this fall, we will need to focus on the social-emotional wellbeing of all our students. Please join fellow educators for a free webinar series on healing stress and trauma, and how to establish core capacities for transforming trauma in schools during the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. Funded by NEA, this series is co-sponsored by affiliates in Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Still coming up:
Transforming Trauma: The School as a Healing Community in the Context of COVID-19
Workshop Days: October 20 & November 17, 9:00 - 2:30
Graduate Course Option: Above workshop days and course dates on 12/15; 1/21; 2/11; 3/11; 4/1. All course days from 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
Type: Live virtual workshop and course days Workshop Cost: $270, 9 professional learning hours Course Cost: $1590
Click here for flyer with detailed description and links to register.
Additonal resources shared by Dave Melnick:
- Webinar #1 Slides (pdf format)
- Webinar #2 Slides (pdf format)
- Webinar #3 Slides (pdf format)
- Webinar #4 Slides (pdf format)
- Webinar #5 Slides (pdf format)
- 1995 Bloom Sanctuary in the Classroom
- Children of Trauma - What Educators Need to Know
- COVID-19 – End Well, Prepare Well, Begin Well
- Healthy Environments and Response to Schools Dorado
- NCTSN – Seven Domains of Impairment
- NFI VT COVID-19 Well-Being Ideas
- Unlocked the Door – Informed-in-Schools-Classrooms
- Most Common Reframes