VERMONT-NEA STAFF POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Vermont-NEA seeks a full-time legal counsel to promote public education.
Broad responsibilities include:
- Direct client representation of educators statewide.
- Involvement in overall advocacy program, including conducting trainings.
- Strong emphasis on litigation, especially in grievance and interest arbitration and other administrative forums.
- Working in concert with highly professional staff.
- A background in labor law is strongly preferred and a background in education law is helpful, as well an affinity for representing labor unions and educators is required.
- Union experience at the local, state, or national level.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work activities, monitor progress, and coach other leaders toward success.
- Leadership and collaboration skills, including the ability to think and plan strategically with others.
- Commitment to racial justice, social justice, and eliminating economic inequality.
- This position is based in Montpelier, Vermont.
Compensation and benefits are collectively bargained but include generous salary, health insurance, dental, leave time, and retirement benefits.
Please send applications to Jeff Fannon, Vermont-NEA Executive Director, attention [email protected]. Include a cover letter, resume with reference to litigation experience, training background, representation of unions and working people, three writing samples, and names and contact information of three references. References will be contacted only if an applicant is selected for further consideration.
The position will remain open until it’s filled. Inquiries may be directed to Kristie Ferguson at [email protected] or (800) 649-6375.