Welcome to the Vermont-NEA
"The Union of Vermont Educators"
Vermont-NEA is the largest union in the state, with more than 12,000 members. But we're more than just a union -- we're a voice for the men and women who are in our classrooms every day, giving their all to ensure a bright future for our state's children. We want to know why you belong -- and why you joined. Please take a moment and let us know.
Thanks for belonging. Thanks for being an educator. And thanks for doing what you do every day to keep our local public schools Vermont's most important resource.
- Jul 30 2020
- Resumption of Schools Requires Phased-In Approach Vermont-NEA issues detailed roadmap to ensure safety for students, educators, communities MONTPELIER – The union representing Vermont’s educators today released details of its phased-in approach ... Read More
- Jul 28 2020
- Governor’s Order Good First Step in Safe Return to School Extra time should lead to phased-in approach to upcoming school year MONTPELIER – Gov. Phil Scott’s order to delay resumption of instruction until at least Sept. 8 is a good first step in... Read More
- Jul 10 2020
- Gov. Scott Misses Mark by Scuttling Statewide Schools Reopening Commission ... Read More
- Jun 11 2020
- Educators Issue Requirements for Safely Reopening Schools Vermont-NEA Task Force Outlines Comprehensive Steps for Safety, Health, and Learning MONTPELIER – A group of 25 educators from across the state issued a comprehensive list of requirements... Read More
- Jun 10 2020
- School Reopening Must Be Guided by Health and Safety Educator, Parent Voices Essential to Any Resumption of In-Person Instruction MONTPELIER – In the wake of the governor’s announcement that schools will reopen in the fall, educators and parents... Read More
- Jun 10 2020
- Don’t Just Reopen Society: Reimagine and Reconstruct It ... Read More